tisdag 4 oktober 2011

A/B P.I. Hagberg soon at C Store!

We just had news that one of this years most exciting denim deliveries is on it's way to us here at the C Store!





Per-Ivan Hagberg, known for his success with the Dunderdon label & his passion for Swedish work wear, has gone out of his way to create a product that is truly unique in this day in age: Mr Hagberg has managed to produce artisanal denim jeans in Sweden!


The first hand made jeans from A/B P.I Hagberg is a tapered regular fit named H60, limited to 200 individually numbered pairs. The jeans are created on vintage Union Special machines using 12 oz Japanese selvage denim fabric of the highest quality, hand striked solid copper rivets, hand stamped patch made with vegetable tanned leather sourced from Swedish tannery Tärnsjö, hidden  Iphone pocket within left front pocket & front buttons sewn on using solid super-strong airbag thread. The same model is also available in a coarse woven, uber heavy 19 oz selvage fabric, sourced from the same Japanese denim mill.


"My ambition when I started this project was to produce high quality jeans in Sweden. The denim production we once had disappeared in the late 70's and early 80's along with much of the other clothing manufacturing. My first task was to find someone with the skills and means to manufacture high quality jeans. In Borås, the former textile center of Sweden, I found a small, modern factory run by an enthusiastic team. They had the required skill and means to manufacture high quality jeans, and this convinced me that my ambitions would be fruitfull. Next on my list was to find fabrics and trims, preferably locally made. Japan is quite far from Sweden but that is where I found the denim I decided to use. I wanted it simply because of the superb quality. Some of the trims are made here, but more importantly, it is here in Sweden that we manufacture our jeans. One style is available. We call it the H60, a regular tapered fit in either 19 or 12 oz. selvage denim. I’m happy to have quality jeans made in Sweden once again, and very proud to be a part making them. I hope you like them too."
/Per-Ivan Hagberg


Look for these fine Swedish made denims both in store & online @ caliroots.com/c-store soon!

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar

Bloggintresserade